Ceremonial Grade Matcha Powder
Sipped for centuries in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony, ceremonial grade matcha is the highest quality green tea powder available. It is made from the youngest shade grown tea leaves, with the stems and veins entirely removed. The leaves are stone-ground, which makes the matcha suitable for a thick-style tea. It is the perfect choice to use in the Japanese tea ceremony.
This premium grade matcha is vibrant green in color with a smooth, refreshing, slightly sweet and mildly rich flavor, with a silky texture. It makes a delicious tea!
Our label includes instructions for both traditional and contemporary preparation. Matcha Tea is traditionally prepared in a matcha bowl, using both a bamboo spoon and whisk. See our Matcha Tea Accessories.
Traditional instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 4 oz tea.
- Warm the matcha bowl by adding hot water. After a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1.5-1.75 spoonfuls of powder (1 regular tsp) per 4 oz serving
- Add approximately 4 oz of hot water (175-180 deg F). Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with a fine foam on top. Drink and enjoy!
Contemporary instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 6 oz tea. Use 1 tsp. of matcha per 6 oz of water.
- Pour hot water (175-180 deg. F) over tea. Do not use boiling water.
- Steep 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.
Packaging: To preserve freshness, aroma, and potency, our 4 oz loose teas are packaged in a convenient stand-up pouch with a re-sealable zipper closure.